- 1. Abstract Expressionist movement is applied to a movement in American painting that flourished in New York after World War 2.(1943-1965)
- The artist’s expressive art portrayed emotion, shaped bu Surrealism. This new style fitted to the post-war mood of anxiety and trauma.
- The instability in Europe in the 1930s brought several leading Surrealists to New York, and many of the Abstract. Expressionists were influenced by the style and its focus on the unconscious. Shaping their understanding of painting itself as a struggle between self-expression and the chaos of the unconscious.
- Jackson Pollock is the most well-known Abstract Expression, famous for his mural-sized action paintings.
- 2. 2 of Abstract Expressionist artists
- Barnett Newman was an American artist. He is seen as one of the major figures in abstract expressionism and one of the foremost of the color field painters. His paintings are existential in tone and content, explicitly composed with the intention of communicating a sense of locality, presence, and contingency.
- Arshile Gorky was an Armenian-born American painter, who had a seminal influence on Abstract Expressionism. He spent most his life as a national of the United States. Along with Mark Rothko, Jackson Pollock and Willem de Kooning, Gorky has been hailed as one of the most powerful American painters of the 20th century. As such, his works were often speculated to have been informed by the suffering and loss he experienced of the Armenian Genocide.
- I think the Abstract Expressionist movement is one of the best expression in art. Because Abstract artists broke the