- Write briefly about the DADA movement( who, what, why, when, where)
DaDa means nothing
*Dada was an art movement of the European avant-garde in the early 20th century. Dada in Switzerland, began in 1916 at Cabaret Voltaire, spreading to Berlin shortly thereafter, but the height of New York Dada was the year before, in 1915. The term anti-art, a precursor to Dada, was coined by Marcel Duchamp around 1913 when he created his first readymades. Dada, in addition to being anti-war, had political affinities with the radical left and was also anti-bourgeois.
*Cabaret Voltaire are an English music group formed in Sheffield in 1973 and initially composed of Stephen Mallinder, Richard H. Kirk, and Chris Watson The group was named after Cabaret Voltaire, a nightclub in Zürich, Switzerland that served as a centre for the early Dada movement.
2. Research at least two DADA artists and discuss their work.
3. Discuss your own DADA poem and what you felt when creating it. What is you opinion on the DADA movement.
– It doesn’t have sense. but it’s fun because I don’t need to think seriously when I do this work.
4. Find the Presentation attached with vocabulary(Anti, confirmed, breakdown, corrupt, challenge etc..)
–Anti–fashion is an umbrella term for various styles of dress which are explicitly contrary to the fashion of the day. Anti–fashion styles may represent an attitude of indifference or may arise from political or practical goals which make fashion a secondary priority.