Today, I finished final project(Actually I should fix some sketchbook work). Looking back last few weeks, that was quite hard work because these days I’m making my own portfolio so I didn’t have enough time. If I begin this project again, I would like to change whole of the process. But I like my final piece. I can feel lot of emotion with this project. It was interesting and boring at the same time. And I’m so happy with that finally I finished the project. Now I can focus on my own portfolio.
Today, I started to sew. It was very fun and it called to mind the time when I learn how to sew first time in Korean University. Because I haven’t used sewing machine for a few years. The one thing I felt uncomfortable(?), I’m used to using industrial sewing machine. It is more powerful and easier to use. Except this, everything was totally fun.
Today, we had a group tutorial. I was worried about that. Because I didn’t complete 20 design ideas but it was okay. I got good advise for making final idea and sketchbook working. It was really good time. And I got a new work for finishing this project :).. I need more time for doing this, also I’m afraid of 500 word evaluation.. because write in English is so difficult for me…I have to study English.
This day was one of the most interesting day in my school life. . I learned many things about photography such as how to take photo in different way, how to use options in camera well. Actually, I had never use that kind of camera before this day. Until this day I didn’t realize photography has a big fun. In someday, I want to learn photography more.
And I started to develop my garments in my idea. I tried to change the shapes and angles in many ways. It was most interesting part of this project. But, Make 20 idea was quite hard working, I couldn’t finish that in a one day.
At this day, I drew my garments and detail part of them.I focused on to tried to draw shapes realistically. It was fun working. But I had to drape again and again when I draw a different shape. It was a really annoying thing to do. However, overall working in this day was fun.
At this day, I draped my garments. It was quite hard working. because I had got not good garments, so I spent to much time to buy new garments. When I start draping, I felt bored .But the more I draped them the more I felt interesting. Drape in different shapes with same garments was fun.
- Write briefly about the DADA movement( who, what, why, when, where)
DaDa means nothing
*Dada was an art movement of the European avant-garde in the early 20th century. Dada in Switzerland, began in 1916 at Cabaret Voltaire, spreading to Berlin shortly thereafter, but the height of New York Dada was the year before, in 1915. The term anti-art, a precursor to Dada, was coined by Marcel Duchamp around 1913 when he created his first readymades. Dada, in addition to being anti-war, had political affinities with the radical left and was also anti-bourgeois.
*Cabaret Voltaire are an English music group formed in Sheffield in 1973 and initially composed of Stephen Mallinder, Richard H. Kirk, and Chris Watson The group was named after Cabaret Voltaire, a nightclub in Zürich, Switzerland that served as a centre for the early Dada movement.
2. Research at least two DADA artists and discuss their work.
3. Discuss your own DADA poem and what you felt when creating it. What is you opinion on the DADA movement.
– It doesn’t have sense. but it’s fun because I don’t need to think seriously when I do this work.
4. Find the Presentation attached with vocabulary(Anti, confirmed, breakdown, corrupt, challenge etc..)
–Anti–fashion is an umbrella term for various styles of dress which are explicitly contrary to the fashion of the day. Anti–fashion styles may represent an attitude of indifference or may arise from political or practical goals which make fashion a secondary priority.
1.Description of events experiences and processes.
- I have chosen 2 paintings the name of ‘The Virgin and Child enthroned, with four angels'(by Vittore Crivelli’) and ‘La petite Afrique lll'(Graham Sutherland). When I saw these paintings I felt something , such as heartbreak, peace, pain in the silence.
*I’m not sure about that I understood this question correctly.
2. How do you feel about these experiences? positive? or negative?
- It was positive for me, because I love old paintings and it was good things to develop my ideas.
3. Have you found it difficult to do work? Or do you feel your work is going well?
- The most difficult thing for me is im not used to do this kind of work, because when i was in university in Korea, we focused on learnig skills such as pattern making, sewing, whole process of making clothes.
- It is difficult to find materials what I want.
4. What have you learnt today?
5. How could you make future improvements to your work?
- I need more time to think about it.
-This group project was not very interesting for me. Because, I don’t like group working.
I can’t do in the way(?) I want. And I surprised. I have never tried this kind of working(doing with paper). For these reasons, I couldn’t enjoy this project.
This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.